Construction safety manager
will be responsible for monitoring construction sites and enforce compliance with government regulations, acts, and standards. Construction safety managers may begin a new project by researching a construction site. During this process, managers review blueprints, ventilation systems, and lighting. Additionally, these professionals may analyze the materials to be used on site in order to design proper signage and disposal methods.
- Managers map out emergency evacuation plans, including locations for fire extinguishers and first-aid kits.
- Involved in consulting building codes, government regulations, and other emergency response agencies in order to ensure that the workplace is compliant with health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Responsible for presenting and explaining plans, as well as conducting training programs.
- Implement compliance with all aspects of managing Site Specific Safety Plans.
- Oversees the job sites and ensures they remain hazard and accident free by conducting periodic safety inspections.
- Record and compile data, update logs, monitor equipment and schedule maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with corporate worker’s compensation program including working with internal personnel and third-party administrators/legal counsel, to effectively investigate and resolve claims in an expeditious and cost-effective manner.
- Perform and oversee investigation of accidents, injuries and unsafe working conditions to include interfacing with workers compensation claims and communication with injured workers and the return to work strategies.
- Degreed Safety Professional
- Senior Level Experience (10+ Years)
- Local to the DC Area Preferred