The Assistant Superintendent will be assigned to a project team of Superintendents responsible for coordinating and supervising the construction of high density residential and mix use projects and making sure that health and safety guidelines are followed on site.. The Assistant Superintendent will report to the Project Superintendent. To be successful as an Assistant Superintendent you must be able to multitask. A good Assistant Superintendent maintains positive relationships with clients and crew members to ensure that the project runs smoothly.
- Assist with the creation of project schedules.
- Ensure that the project schedule is followed.
- Ensure that the project budget is adhered to.
- Meet with clients to gauge their needs.
- Build positive relationships with clients and crew members.
- Conduct health and safety inspections.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Prior experience as a construction foreman or equivalent role.
- A degree in construction management or a related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws.
- Ability to multitask.
- Flexible work hours.