As a Superintendent you will lead, direct and coordinate the work of subcontractors. The Superintendent is responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project, with a goal of project completion for the complete scope or for a specific area of work or trade discipline. As well as oversee and make decisions related to the scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control, trade employee staffing levels, and general conditions expenditures.
Essential Tasks & Duties of the Superintendent:
• Having complete knowledge of all contracts, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, shop drawings, schedules, labor agreements and local codes.
• Managing labor relations with subcontractors.
• Overseeing work among trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
• Responsible for ensuring trades’ adherence to the terms of the subcontracts.
• Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
• Executing QA/QC processes, including but not limited to all third-party special inspections.
• Ensuring all necessary permits and insurance are in place and kept current for the term of the project. Acting as liaison to inspection agencies.
• Managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with company standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
• Creating schedules and determining sequencing of work. Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain project schedule.
• Organizing and leading trade subcontractor meetings to discuss safety, scheduling, quality, and other relevant matters.
• Communicating with owners, trades, and architects/engineers in connection with field issues. Investigating and resolving such issues.
• Reporting to the project team with regard to work in place, and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
• Responsible for timely notification and documentation to support resolution of back charges and change orders.
• Responsible for reviewing and vetting field tickets and submitting to Project Superintendent.
• In conjunction with the Project Manager, assuming responsibility for close-outs, including TCOs, as-builts, local agency sign-offs, punch lists, etc.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of daily journals.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, manage project teams, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5-7 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
• Knowledge of building construction means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Must possess OSHA 10 certification.
Additional Opportunities: Assistant Superintendent, Assistant Project Manager, Project Manager, Superintendent, Project Engineer, Vice President of Construction, Project Executive, Vice President of Preconstruction, Estimator