Seeking a Senior Estimator
to provide overall coordination and strategy to prepare cost estimates for designated projects during the bidding or negotiation process.
To be successful as a Senior Estimator, you should have excellent communication skills, great attention to detail, are numbers centric, and naturally inquisitive. Outstanding Senior Estimators are able to negotiate with a range of professionals, make accurate time and cost estimates, and resolve any issues that arise.
- Determining the total cost of materials, equipment, utilities, and labor for construction projects.
- Researching construction documents and analyzing specifications.
- Preparing estimates for planning, organizing, and scheduling project work.
- Managing pre-qualification and pre-bid submissions.
- Preparing estimates to meet project goals, such as setting work hours, sequencing tasks, obtaining materials, and securing the best deals with vendors and subcontractors.
- Ensuring that relevant documents and budgets are submitted before a bid deadline.
- Regularly reporting to Management and keeping clients updated on the project status.
- Formulating contingency plans and effectively managing risks that might impact cost and time estimates.
- Keeping track of the latest estimating technology and industry-related techniques.
- Collaborating with other teams, conducting site visits, and providing other services, like bid deliveries, when required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or related discipline.
- 10+ years experience as an Estimator in the commercial sector.
- Exceptional time management, multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Brilliant management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to closely collaborate with other project teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent research, proposal writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of best industry practices and standards.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrable competency with software such as Procore, BlueBeam