A heavy civil general contractor is seeking a Chief Estimator for their Orlando team. The ideal candidate should have dirt and pipe estimating experience, a minimum of 10 years industry estimating experience, and possess Central Florida knowledge and market relationships.
- Assign and coordinate scope of work with estimating staff for each project.
- Review project plans, specifications, estimating scopes and pricing prepared by estimating staff.
- Prepare budget and general conditions estimates for entire project prior to bid date.
- Review budgets and general conditions prepared by other estimators.
- Ensure the flow of project information is maintained and documented.
- Maintain and communicate data on construction and material cost trends.
- Prepare and reviews conceptual estimates on projects using past experience, historical data and parametric estimating ratios.
- Assess risk and adjust prices accordingly. Advise clients on risk mitigation, value engineering and market trends.
- Maintain and update the estimating software.
- Familiarity with the necessary software programs in preconstruction with particular emphasis on estimating software (e.g. Excel, Timberline, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), HCSS and Bluebeam).
- Develop internal budgets and ensure project profitability.
- Build effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or other related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects efficiently, be detail-oriented, and have sound mathematical knowledge and good numeracy skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to disseminate information effectively
- Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Adequate knowledge of objectives that impact estimation, market strategies, and techniques, and contracts